Welcome to the first series of my tutorial on free Kawaii patterns that can be made into a brooch or a little magnet to stick on your fridge. Due to the size of them I think there also great little projects to do when you have pieces of scraps lying around since some of the pieces are small and only need less than 1cm of felt.
The first patterns that you will learn to do today are the little Kawaii Cookies; there are two types today, the whole chocolate chip cookie and then the half eaten chocolate chip cookie.
- Felt pieces in various colour
- Some scrap pieces of felt
- Material Scissors
- Embroidery threads
- Brooch backing / Magnetic Strip
- Firstly print out the PDF pattern: Cookies
- Pin the pieces to the felt and cut around them. Whether you are making the whole cookie or half eaten cookie the method is the same.
- Appliqué the eyes and cheeks onto one of the cookie pieces which will become the front piece.
- Using a double embroidery thread, embroider a mouth in between the two cheeks using a split stitch.
- Using a french knot add the two little white dots to the eyes as seen in the picture.
- Next appliqué the chocolate chip onto the front cookie piece, in my cookies I’ve used 3 chocolate chips, you can decide to use more or less or none at all.
- Align the front and back cookie pieces together and whip stitch all the way around, leaving a small hold unstitched so you can fill it with polyfil. Once that plump enough whip stitch it closed.
- Next if you decide to make the cookie into a magnet, cut a small strip of magnet and using super glue secure it to the back of the cookie. Or alternatively if you want to make it into a brooch which is what I’ve done in the final picture below, fasten the brooch pin to the back either using embroidery thread or you can also super glue it on and leave it to dry.
Ta-dah! You are done, if this is your first felt DIY project, congratulations for everyone else I hope you enjoyed making this quick and easy tutorial. For any comments or questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to try your hand at making a doll or some finger puppets feel free to visit my store.
Until next time stay creative, live a life that makes you feel alive and forever challenge the status quo!